Saturday, September 27, 2008

~Gypsy Rose~ Another Goodwill flower find..

I swear that I need to just move into the local Goodwill. They have tons of couches, I'd be comfy, right? I love that place. They call me the flower lady now....and don't even make me show my military ID for my military discount...they just know. Should I be embarrassed?

Anyway, I went in there the other day and they had these 2 wreaths...with the most beautiful cabbage roses and yellow roses on them. I had to buy them just to take apart...here is the wreath (Please ignore the background clutter, i took this in my scrapbook room, which is NEVER presentable).



Anyway, so last night I was working on a Pink Paislee project and really wanted to do something with one of the cabbage roses. I used a page from the Maya Road Scallop Edge book and made a wall hanging. I was going to use a quote about roses on the Pink Paislee Topsider...but couldn't find on that fit or that I liked...
So next to me in a pile I spied this picture of My Aunt when she was little dressed up like a gypsy for Halloween. Perfect! Even more perfect is that it fit on the topsider perfectly...just a meant to be project.


I used the Vintage Moon Line by Pink Paislee.

I didn't use the label sticker for the topsider, I saved it for a different project and just painted the edges and covered it with paper.




I love the way it turned out and now I am 1 Christmas present down and a zillion to go!

I also did this page with Vintage Moon. Simple and quick, but still fun.




That's it...have a Great Saturday!!

6 comments:

Gigi said...

GORGEOUS art!!!
i LOVE that wall hangy thingy :)
absolutely gogeous

Anonymous said...

Katie, my husband LOVES goodwill too. He always brings home some good finds!

pj said...

great finds at the goodwill. and i'm totally loving vintage moon right now! it's great to have you on our little group! peej

Anonymous said...

perfect!!! i was feelin' a little blue but this perked me right up!!!
lovin' that the goodwill people know you as the flower lady!!! :)
sharron

Anonymous said...

*thud*
oh man
that is gorgeous katie!!
xo

Leah C said...

Would it be all right with you if I just scraplift everything you do? Your work is amazing and so inspiring!