Monday, November 10, 2008

~The Cutest Shabbiest Little LSS...and I'm Teaching There!!

One night LATE...I was up Blog Hopping...and eventually ended up at this blog for a Scrapbook Store called Paper Tales...I sat and looked at all the pictures, drooled a little on my shirt...and read a bunch of the posts...and then I spied it...that little print somewhere...this store is HERE in San Diego...

Now you see, San Diego is really broken up in sections...there is North County, Downtown, Beaches, etc... and then there is the county WAY East...East County, which is where I hail from..and us East County People...well, we just stay in East County..yep, we don't venture far...

Well, I decided that I HAD to go see this store...so I went and took a peek..and was blown away...I got home and wondered if it was all a dream...so I went back with a friend (Hi Kathy!)to go and browse and then eat lunch at one of my fave places that happens to be next door(Soup Plantation, or if you're from the South..Sweet Tomatoes)..except..we never made it to lunch at SP...before I knew it, the time had flown..kiddos were getting out of school..and it was time to speed off.

So, Michelle the owner, has done it right....I think she snuck inside my head and took all my ideas of what kind of scrapbook store I would have, if I owned one....Here, this will entice you a bit...

Hmmmmm...back for more, huh? Well, OK..just a few more....but not all of them because I want you to keep reading my post.....



Well, back to Michelle...she is very spunky, very down to earth, an A Muse Stamp DT (they have some stamps that are so stinkin cute) member and a fellow Navy wife....yep, with a hubby that retired not too long ago..that was a Helicopter pilot..OK, 2-0... Navy wife, Scrapbooker...ummm...very fun..and we had so much in common...and she "Gets" me...we have that Navy and scrapbooker lingo down...I'm sure that the common (and I don't mean common as in ordinary, but common as in a normal person) would think we were speaking a foreign language... Don't go away yet..here are a couple more pics to keep you hanging on....

Look at all these colored tulle..!!
OK, I saved the best for last...well, almost last...the couch...Oh Dear Shabby Gods....

She has lots of vintage finds...yep, she's got friends that hit the estate sales and package up little goodies....I have a big basket full of them...so cute...and she puts them in little scallop cut clear bags with seam ribbon bows and stamped prices (oh..and they are cheap!)..and when you buy stuff..it gets wrapped in tissue paper and put in white shopping bags with handles...you feel like a million bucks!
And.......they carry Maya Road, Pink Paislee(who btw, has a brand new beautiful website, so if you have their blog linked anywhere, you need to re-link it)and 7Gypsies..all 3 of my favorite brands...and a bunch more...Jenni Bowlin, Melissa Frances, Sassafrass Lass, Making Memories...and on and on and on...plus she has the cutest little gift items..OK, I'll quit and get on with it...Make sure if you stop in there, you tell her I said "hi"! I don't think she will give you the "Saw it on Katie's blog" discount...but I bet she'll wrap up your purchase nice and pretty!

So, I am teaching there on Sunday, Dec. 7th..at 2pm. I am teaching a Holiday/Christmas Banner class...using Pink Paislee's Tinsel Town line...and Maya Road...lots of glitter, vintage music sheet paper, velvet flowers, tulle and silk ribbon. A thank you to Miss (she's actually a Mrs...but Miss sounds so much cuter!) Sarah Moore for allowing me to scraplift her stars behind the letters idea...She's my friend (yep, Sarah, I owe you an email...don't worry, you aren't the only one!)from Down Under and a military wife!

.
Sooooo, that date again? Oh, OK...I thought that's what you said...Sunday, Dec 7th..be there or be square..for sign up info go to the Paper Tales blog and get the contact info (don't know how cool that is to post a phone number)...

I guess that's it...oh yeah, and I think I broke my friggin toe today...I have x-rays in the morning...I think it might have to be popped back into place...Yikes!

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Katie, I just LOVE LOVE LOVE that place and didn't want to leave it...I got the same bug you guys have...the glitter vintage shabby chic craft the day away bug! Thanks for sharing the pics, now you all know if you are near here, you've gotta come suppor the store...and you are teaching there too! Cool! thanks for sharing1 bren

Michelle M White said...

You're soooooo sweet! Sorry about your toe...I wondered what happened! Thanks again!

wendy vecchi said...

Katie...
Those LUCKY gals...getting a class from you!

and...

LUCKY YOU...with such a cool store nearby...
This is TOTALLY...YOU!

wendy

Samantha said...

Katie that store is beyond lovely. Your banner is perfect and matches my stlye to a t! Hopefully they won't sell out of spots by Friday, Payday!!! I am calling first thing Fri AM. I want to make it!! Hope to see you there. Missing your advice since the demise of SA.

Anonymous said...

OK, so I am trying to figure out how quickly I can drive to San Diego when in all reality it would take more then 3 hours, so I really need an entire weekend!! What a cool store and your project will be wonderful.

sarah moore said...

OMG KATIE!!!!! I am moving to your part of town.....I NEED to go to that shop. Maybe I should have an extended holiday overseas while DH drives everyone to our new posting!!! LOL...I wish. I love your wonderful project....I would like to come to that class as well.
Sarah

dainjb said...

i was in paper tales the other day (a few weeks ago i guess) and fell in love with your beautiful advent calendar, and then michelle thankfully linked you up from the paper tales blog ... so glad you adore the shop as much as i do! when i found it last may when it first opened i seriously thought i was just going to die because it was so perfect. anyway, i am hoping to sign up for your class ... i'm out of town that weekend but maybe i'll come home early for it!!!

The Sonboul's said...

ARE YOU JOKING???!!! That is such a cUTE STORE! You are one very lucky girl!

The Sonboul's said...

What they are kinda by me. I'm in LA and they San Diego

Anonymous said...

I soooo have been wanting to go in that store. My husband goes to work everyday at Subbase Point Loma and I am jealous. I doubt if he would stop and know what I would want. Your class banner looks super cute!!!

vintage girl at heart said...

Oh my goodness......you hit Shabby Heaven!! Love her style!!!! And to get to teach there too....you are a lucky girl!!!!The pics are beautiful and that sofa......a shabby girl like myself... dream come true!!!

Anonymous said...

OMGOSH... what a cool store... that is so you. I am thrilled for you. That will be a great class. Can't wait to hear and see more. Super big hugs!

Brandon April Owens said...

any chance you'll teach the advent calendar or the christmas atc at Paper Tales or Pink Pineapple? PLEASE

Shemaine Smith said...

Hey Katie I LOVE that place! I used to live in Escondido and worked at the Noprth County Faire...lol Hope your toe gets better. I stubbed my pinky toe on my daughter's crib this morning! OUCH!!! i don't think mine is broken just black and blue!

Anonymous said...

Loving all of your snowflake garlands on twopeas....I know those clips are MM because I had some and used them up....but now I can't remember what they're called and can't seem to find them online anymore....where can i get them????

LOVE everything you make...so inspiring!

Linnie said...

I Want to visit that store i am a yorkshire woman who just loooves shabby chic and your piccies are wonderful..i am sat here on a freezing yorkshire night just drooling at your blog
luv and hugs
linniex

Anonymous said...

looks amazing!!
congrats katie
your classes will be fabulous!!
xo

Danielle Flanders said...

Oh how gorgeous, wish I could visit the store and take your class, such a beautiful project, Katie!!
hugs,
Danielle

Anabelle O'Malley said...

Wow, I would want to live there!!! Lucky you that you have such an awesome place close by AND you get to teach there. Congrats. (Hope your toe is OK.)

Anonymous said...

Katie, It's Jeri. Email me your address for your xmas Card.
kreier@comcast.net